categories: Bad Advice / Cocktail Hour
Tips for writing flash fiction:
1. there really are no tips
2. Write fast and furious for the first draft
3. put it away for a week
4. look at it again and think: what the hell was I getting at?
5. rearrange the sentences. See if it tells you anything. Write it backwards, maybe; beginning with the last sentence and ending with the first.
6. Try reading it aloud.
7. Cut out every unncessary word as if you were trying to tweet it.
8. trust the reader but not to the point of insanity
9. See if it makes you feel anything or gives you chills. If it doesn’t, throw it in google translate, translate it into Russian, and back to English. See if that helps.
Flash Bio: Meg Pokrass is.